Friday, April 8, 2011

White

I love white rooms because they allow other pieces to pop. Whether the pieces have a pop of color or an interesting form, they stand out and appear crisp and clean against the white background. For those who live in a space where painting isn't an option, you still can have a luxe look by choosing pieces that will stand out. Here are some lovely examples:

I love, LOVE white kitchens with dark floors. I just think it looks very clean and not fussy. But see how the paintings, the apples, and the flowers on the kitchen island just pop? I think these accessories warm up the space just enough so that it feels fresh and clean rather than stark.



This room is great for many reasons -- solid furniture arrangement, great use of textures, fabulous use of line. But, it's in this post because of the way they've used white. I think the biggest thing that pops is the greenery outside. Honestly, I don't even know what to say because I just think this room is so breathtaking! I love the contemporary pieces juxtaposed against the more traditional. Notice how it doesn't feel cold or stark because of the few finishes that warm it up - the wood floor, the dark wood legs and tables, plus all the natural light. This space overflows with peace, elegance, serenity. I would copy every element in this room if I could. Simply gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment